Here is the recipe for some hearty cowboy cookies. The last time I made them, I used GH’s eggs. I swear they tasted better. (These also pack well, so they make really good trail cookies. 🙂
-1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
-1 1/2 cups oats
-2 cups chocolate chips
-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 1/2 tsps salt
-1 cup melted or softened butter
-3/4 cups white sugar
-3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
-3 tsps vanilla extract
-2 large, brown, farm fresh eggs from your favorite hen
-2 tsps cinnamon
1. Beat the butter, sugars and vanilla in a bowl until creamy.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
4. Lastly, add oats, nuts and chocolate chips.
5. Drop rounded balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just done. Don’t overbake or they’ll be too dry and crunchy. 🙂