I made this delicious (and quick) strawberry cobbler tonight when I was having a little dessert craving. And boy, it. is. good.
I started with frozen strawberries (shh…).
And a casserole dish with some melted butter in it.
I mixed up some sugar, cinnamon, flour and milk.
And then added a little vanilla that I got at Canino’s market for $7 for jug of it!
Then I poured the mixed ingredients into the dish and topped it with the strawberries.
Let it bake for 30-40 minutes, and ta da…
Sooo good with a little whipped cream. It reminds me of the strawberry desserts we used to have a lot in Alaska when i was a little kid.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- A dash of cinnamon
- A squirt of vanilla
- 3/5 cup milk
- 2-3 cups strawberries (really you can use just about any berry)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut the butter up in little pieces and put it in a casserole or baking dish and melt it.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk in a separate bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the melted butter in the casserole dish, but do not mix or stir it.
- Pour the strawberries over the mixture, and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.