When life gives you lemons and starts getting you down… make a lemon icebox pie! Mondays are tough… so make a lemon icebox pie! Finishing up with finals… lemon icebox pie time! This is the perfect, easy summer treat.
- One graham cracker crust
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 small carton of heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Combine cream cheese and condensed milk and beat until creamy. (If you don’t want it too sweet, you don’t have to add the whole can of condensed milk. I only add about 2/3 – 3/4 of a 14-oz. can, and I still think it’s very sweet!)
- Add the lemon juice and zest and continue to beat on high speed until the mixture is smooth and silky. I don’t think you can overbeat it on this step. You really want it to be silky smooth – no hidden pockets of cream cheese anywhere (yuck!).
- Once the mixture is smooth, pour it into the crust. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, with 1 Tbsp. each of sugar and vanilla and beat on high until it is very thick and has been turned into whipped cream. Refrigerate.
- After the pie has been refrigerated for about an hour, top it with the whipped cream. You can garnish the whipped cream with mint. Then refrigerate for at least another hour or until you’re ready to serve it!