In celebration of Bastille Day (La Fete Nationale) coming up (and because I wanted a little something to spread the strawberry jam that YC and I made a couple of months ago, I made some crepes today. They’re very easy to make, and you probably have the ingredients in your pantry. A little over a year ago, I had some French roommates who would make these all the time. Mine aren’t quite as light and delicate as theirs, but still tasty.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted (plus a little extra for the pan)
- Mix all of the ingredients together, and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Lightly grease a pan with butter. Melt the butter on medium heat, and wipe excess butter away with a paper towel.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan and tilt the pan in a circular motion until the batter thinly covers a round circle on the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until one side is golden. Flip over, and cook the other side.
Enjoy hot or cool! It’s good with peanut butter, jam, Nutella, butter, or just a little plain white sugar.